- Continental Event Race Director Gaby Pozo Recognized by SportsEvents as Industry Leader Continental Event Race Director Gaby Pozo receives SportsEvents’ “éclat” award which recognizes exceptional performance and sharing of insights from industry leaders who are making a positive difference for all in the sports events industry.
- 50 States Series: Top Marathons & Races Worth Traveling For We’ve searched through every state to find the 50 top races and marathons worth traveling for.
- Mini marathon returns to Grand Strand MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) – Organizers say over 4000 runners, along with family and friends, will make their way to Myrtle Beach this fall for the Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon.
- Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon is one of 11 most scenic fall half marathons in US Looking for a beautiful setting for your next 13.1? From Myrtle Beach to California wine country, here are 11 picture perfect courses you should run.
- Thousands race in Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon Thousands of men and women of all ages raced in the Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon to find out who can run 13.1 miles the fastest. But the registration numbers said women had the upper hand...
- Race Organizers call mini marathon a success Sunday marked the first-ever Myrtle Beach Mini-Marathon and race organizers are calling the event a success. About 4,000 runners took part in the 13.1 mile half marathon which took participants on a course from Medieval Times at Fantasy Harbour to Plyler Park and the boardwalk.
- Biggest Loser event provides lasting benefit Saturday morning Myrtle Beach is hosting an event that will give the city national exposure. More than 2,300 people have registered for a 5k and one mile road race that will be part of the NBC television show The Biggest Loser.
- Myrtle Beach to host 2010 mini marathon Myrtle Beach is already gearing up for a three-year event expected to bring 6,000 runners and walkers into the streets as part of the Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon Weekend
- 2010 half-marathon in the works for Myrtle Beach The City of Myrtle Beach is pushing for more sports tourism in the area, and they may have found one more event. It's a proposed half marathon that could come to the Grand Strand in October 2010.
2016 Shirt Design!
These beach-inspired shirts will have you RUN THIS BEACH like a champ! Now available in men's or women's fit tech tees.
NEW & IMPROVED COURSES FOR SATURDAY'S EVENTS!
Starting & finishing at trendy The Market Common, our new Coastal 5K & Doggie Dash courses will now rival the beauty of the half marathon course!
As with the half marathon, these courses are FLAT & FAST!
NEW LOCATIONS FOR THE EXPO AND SATURDAY EVENTS!
The Health & Fitness Expo/ Packet Pick-up will now take place at the Crabtree Memorial Gymnasium. Packet pick-up will take place at the Expo on Friday, 10/21 from 4 PM to 7 PM and on Saturday, 10/22 from 10AM until 5PM. Remember- All half marathon packets must be picked up prior to race day at the Expo.
The location of the Saturday events, the Coastal 5K & Doggie Dash, has also changed. The Saturday races will now take place at The Market Common.
5 Miles of Oceanfront Running!
This amazing half marathon course features the best of Myrtle Beach with over 5 miles of oceanfront running! From its pristine parkways to some of the nation’s most visited beaches, the course takes you on a tour of one of America’s most scenic beach communities.
Start at Coastal Grand Mall (near Dillard’s) and head north on Grissom Parkway all the way to 62nd Ave N and take a right. At the end of the road, turn right onto Ocean Blvd and head south for over 5 miles of beachfront views. Get on the boardwalk with just about 1/2 mile left and finish right at the Pavilion in the heart of Myrtle Beach and feet away from the sand. Did we not say this course is flat and fast, fast, fast! With only 7 turns throughout the entire 13.1 miles you could not make it much faster!!
|Half Marathon Course Map|
Other Event Highlights
|Saturday Coastal 5K & Doggie Dash
||AWESOME Surfboard Finisher Medals (half & 5k only)
|Over 5 miles of Ocean Front Running
||Great Vacation Getaway. Avg temp of 66F
|7:00 am half marathon start||Scenic, Flat & Fast|
|Walker Friendly||Live Post Race Beach Party (half marathon onl)|
|Oceanfront Course||Tech t-shirts for half & 5K participants|
|Surf Band Course Entertainment||USAT&F Certified|
|Finish on the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk||Awards 3 Deep in all Age Groups|