Course InformationHalf Marathon Course Overview
This amazing course features the best of Myrtle Beach with over 5 miles of oceanfront running! From its pristine parkways to some of the nation’s most visited beaches, the course takes you on a tour of one of America’s most scenic beach communities.
Start at Coastal Grand Mall (near Dillard’s) and run clockwise around the mall. Head north on Grissom Parkway all the way to 62nd Ave N and take a right. At the end of the road, turn right onto Ocean Blvd and head south for about 5 miles of beachfront views. Get on the boardwalk with just about 1/4 mile left and finish right at the Pavilion in the heart of Myrtle Beach and feet away from the sand. Did we not say this course is flat and fast, fast, fast! With only 7 turns throughout the entire 13.1 miles you could not make it much faster!!
- Water will be served at the Start and Finish lines.
- There will be 8 water stations through the course starting at mile 2. Water and Lemon-Lime flavored Gatorade drink will be served at all water stations.
- Snacks and other post race nourishment will be available to all runners at the Finish Line.
- Medical Aid Stations
- The Medical Team under the direction of our Medical Director will be available to assess any race day medical needs and administer acute first aid when necessary. Look for the medical staff in RED shirts for complimentary help before, during and after the race. In order to help our medical team work more efficiently, please fill out the medical history information on the back of your race number after you pick it up.
Click on this article written by the International Marathon Medical Directors' Association contains updated recommendations on fluid replacement for runners and walkers participating in endurance events. Please read this article as you begin your training and before the event.
- The course will close to ALL traffic on a rolling basis according to the time in which the course will be occupied by runners. No traffic will be allowed during those times.
- Please see Road Closure Map for details.
- 6:55 a.m. Wheelchair Start
- 7:00 a.m. Race Start