Being a spectator and a cheerleader for your favorite runner is a great way to be part of this event! You never know what you are going to see...maybe even a proposal! There's plenty for residents and visitors to see and enjoy along the course and finish line. But just as the runners take time to prepare for this event, you can also prepare and plan ahead for a memorable experience:
- Review the course map and plan your route. With 4,000+ runners it may be difficult, and at some times impossible, to cross the course during the race, even on foot. For your convenience driving around, please review our road closure map prior to race day.
- Know your runner’s expected pace per mile so you will know when he or she will be at the different locations on the course.
- Move around on bicycle or skates (minding all street closures) and surprise your runner at different locations on the route,
- Make sure you bring a beach chair or blanket, horns, signs and a great attitude to have fun and become a cheerleader.
This information is for those spectators who need to get to the finish line after dropping off participants at the start line on Sunday.....
- All cars must exit Coastal Grand Mall using the south exits in between Mall Dr and 17th Ave South. Look for parking volunteers directing you to the exit.
- Do not use any other exits or you will run into the course route!
- If you exit using Mall Dr (near Burger King) you will be unable to make a left onto Harrelson Blvd. You will have to exit right and make a u-turn when possible to head south.
- Make a right turn onto Seaboard St.
- Turn left onto Harrelson Blvd (towards the airport).
- Make a left turn on N Kings Highway (US 17) and head North to the area between 9th and 10th Ave N then proceed to find parking in the area.
- There is both street parking, as well as a very large municipal parking building by the finish.
Make sure to obey all no parking and parking meter signs. Many street parking spots are metered seven days a week so plan ahead and bring change.
- Click here for a helpful map. (remember - do not exit the mall using any other exits except for the ones listed above!)
2016 Shirt Design!
These beach-inspired shirts will have you RUN THIS BEACH like a champ! Now available in men's or women's fit tech tees.
NEW & IMPROVED COURSES FOR SATURDAY'S EVENTS!
Starting & finishing at trendy The Market Common, our new Coastal 5K & Doggie Dash courses will now rival the beauty of the half marathon course!
As with the half marathon, these courses are FLAT & FAST!
NEW LOCATIONS FOR THE EXPO AND SATURDAY EVENTS!
The Health & Fitness Expo/ Packet Pick-up will now take place at the Crabtree Memorial Gymnasium. Packet pick-up will take place at the Expo on Friday, 10/21 from 4 PM to 7 PM and on Saturday, 10/22 from 10AM until 5PM. Remember- All half marathon packets must be picked up prior to race day at the Expo.
The location of the Saturday events, the Coastal 5K & Doggie Dash, has also changed. The Saturday races will now take place at The Market Common.
5 Miles of Oceanfront Running!
This amazing half marathon course features the best of Myrtle Beach with over 5 miles of oceanfront running! From its pristine parkways to some of the nation’s most visited beaches, the course takes you on a tour of one of America’s most scenic beach communities.
Start at Coastal Grand Mall (near Dillard’s) and head north on Grissom Parkway all the way to 62nd Ave N and take a right. At the end of the road, turn right onto Ocean Blvd and head south for over 5 miles of beachfront views. Get on the boardwalk with just about 1/2 mile left and finish right at the Pavilion in the heart of Myrtle Beach and feet away from the sand. Did we not say this course is flat and fast, fast, fast! With only 7 turns throughout the entire 13.1 miles you could not make it much faster!!
|Half Marathon Course Map|
Other Event Highlights
|Saturday Coastal 5K & Doggie Dash
||AWESOME Surfboard Finisher Medals (half & 5k only)
|Over 5 miles of Ocean Front Running
||Great Vacation Getaway. Avg temp of 66F
|7:00 am half marathon start||Scenic, Flat & Fast|
|Walker Friendly||Live Post Race Beach Party (half marathon onl)|
|Oceanfront Course||Tech t-shirts for half & 5K participants|
|Surf Band Course Entertainment||USAT&F Certified|
|Finish on the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk||Awards 3 Deep in all Age Groups|