Registering is easy! You may register for the 2016 Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon™ in any of the following ways:
- Register by mail. Click here for a PDF of a mail-in application. Must be post-marked by 9/30/16.
- We do not accept phone or fax entries.
- Space is limited! Online registration closes when the events sell out or on 10/20/16 at 11:59 PM, whichever comes first. Register early to guarantee your spot.
All prices increase at 11:59 PM.
Coastal 5K (Sat. 10/22 at 7:30 AM)
- $30 from 11/24/15 to 5/15/16
- $35 from 5/16/16 to 8/15/16
- $40 from 8/16/16 to 10/20/16
- $50 at the Health & Fitness Expo - only if space is still available
Doggie Dash (Sat. 10/22 at 9:00 AM)
- $20 from 11/24/15 to 5/15/16
- $25 from 5/16/16 to 10/20/16
$30 at the Health & Fitness Expo - only if space is still available
- $70 from 10/18/15 to 5/15/16
- $90 from 5/16/16 to 8/15/16
- $105 from 8/16/16 to 10/20/16
- $120 at the Health & Fitness Expo - only if space is still available
- All participants must register online or complete and sign a registration form.
- For the half-marathon, you must be able to complete the 13.1-mile course in 3.5 hours by keeping an average pace of 16 minutes per mile. For the 5K, you must be able to complete the 3.1 mile course in 1 hour.
- For the half-marathon, you must be at least 12 years of age and a parent or guardian must sign for all participants over 12 but under 18 on race day.
- All mail-in entries must be post-marked by September, 30, 2016. Mail-in registrations will not be accepted once a race has sold out.
- On-line registration closes at 11:59 PM on October 20, 2016 or whenever the races sell out - whichever comes first.
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenge of a half marathon and/or 5K.
- You must show a photo ID to pick up your race number and timing tag. No exceptions.
- Race numbers are required to participate - NO BANDITS!
- YOU MUST PICK UP YOUR RACE PACKET AT THE HEALTH & FITNESS EXPO for the half marathon.
- No race day packet pick-up for the half-marathon.
- No coaches, bikes or dogs will be allowed on the half marathon or 5K course. Jogging strollers are allowed in the 5K, but they must start at the back of the race. Jogging strollers are not allowed in the half marathon.
- These are USAT&F sanctioned events and all USAT&F rules and regulations will be enforced.
Due to to upfront nature of event costs, all entry fees are non-refundable. All participant acknowledge and agree to this policy during the registration process.We do, however, have several options for participants who can not attend a race. Please click here
to learn more about our cancellation policy.
2016 Shirt Design!
These beach-inspired shirts will have you RUN THIS BEACH like a champ! Now available in men's or women's fit tech tees.
NEW & IMPROVED COURSES FOR SATURDAY'S EVENTS!
Starting & finishing at trendy The Market Common, our new Coastal 5K & Doggie Dash courses will now rival the beauty of the half marathon course!
As with the half marathon, these courses are FLAT & FAST!
NEW LOCATIONS FOR THE EXPO AND SATURDAY EVENTS!
The Health & Fitness Expo/ Packet Pick-up will now take place at the Crabtree Memorial Gymnasium. Packet pick-up will take place at the Expo on Friday, 10/21 from 4 PM to 7 PM and on Saturday, 10/22 from 10AM until 5PM. Remember- All half marathon packets must be picked up prior to race day at the Expo.
The location of the Saturday events, the Coastal 5K & Doggie Dash, has also changed. The Saturday races will now take place at The Market Common.
5 Miles of Oceanfront Running!
This amazing half marathon course features the best of Myrtle Beach with over 5 miles of oceanfront running! From its pristine parkways to some of the nation’s most visited beaches, the course takes you on a tour of one of America’s most scenic beach communities.
Start at Coastal Grand Mall (near Dillard’s) and head north on Grissom Parkway all the way to 62nd Ave N and take a right. At the end of the road, turn right onto Ocean Blvd and head south for over 5 miles of beachfront views. Get on the boardwalk with just about 1/2 mile left and finish right at the Pavilion in the heart of Myrtle Beach and feet away from the sand. Did we not say this course is flat and fast, fast, fast! With only 7 turns throughout the entire 13.1 miles you could not make it much faster!!
|Half Marathon Course Map|
Other Event Highlights
|Saturday Coastal 5K & Doggie Dash
||AWESOME Surfboard Finisher Medals (half & 5k only)
|Over 5 miles of Ocean Front Running
||Great Vacation Getaway. Avg temp of 66F
|7:00 am half marathon start||Scenic, Flat & Fast|
|Walker Friendly||Live Post Race Beach Party (half marathon onl)|
|Oceanfront Course||Tech t-shirts for half & 5K participants|
|Surf Band Course Entertainment||USAT&F Certified|
|Finish on the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk||Awards 3 Deep in all Age Groups|