Being a spectator and a cheerleader for your favorite runner is a great way to be part of this event! You never know what you are going to see...maybe even a proposal! There's plenty for residents and visitors to see and enjoy along the course and finish line. But just as the runners take time to prepare for this event, you can also prepare and plan ahead for a memorable experience:
- Review the course map and plan your route. With 4,000+ runners it may be difficult, and at some times impossible, to cross the course during the race, even on foot. For your convenience driving around, please review our road closure map prior to race day.
- Know your runner’s expected pace per mile so you will know when he or she will be at the different locations on the course.
- Move around on bicycle or skates (minding all street closures) and surprise your runner at different locations on the route,
- Make sure you bring a beach chair or blanket, horns, signs and a great attitude to have fun and become a cheerleader.
Parking Instructions for Spectators
This information is for those spectators who need to get to the finish line after dropping off participants at the start line on Sunday.....
- All cars must exit Coastal Grand Mall using the south exits in between Mall Dr and 17th Ave South. Look for parking volunteers directing you to the exit.
- Do not use any other exits or you will run into the course route!
- If you exit using Mall Dr (near Burger King) you will be unable to make a left onto Harrelson Blvd. You will have to exit right and make a u-turn when possible to head south.
- Make a right turn onto Seaboard St.
- Turn left onto Harrelson Blvd (towards the airport).
- Make a left turn on N Kings Highway (US 17) and head North to the area between 9th and 10th Ave N then proceed to find parking in the area.
- There is both street parking, as well as a very large municipal parking building by the finish.
Make sure to obey all no parking and parking meter signs. Many street parking spots are metered seven days a week so plan ahead and bring change.
- Click here for a helpful map. (remember - do not exit the mall using any other exits except for the ones listed above!)