**These protocols may be changed at anytime to reflect the status of the virus or state/local guidelines.
NS Promos is committed to providing an environment for race participants to not only enjoy the act of participating in a live race, but to feel safe while doing so. The area used for packet pickup and pre and post-race activities provides a large space to spread out and allow for adequate social distancing. Participants are asked to practice social distancing and be aware of others around you. All volunteers and NS Promos staff are required to wear face masks and if gloves add additional safety, they will be provided as well. We plan to send out regular emails and social media postings reminding participants of the race protocols and options available to them.
- Bag drop available at half marathon race only
- Participants are encouraged to arrive close to race time
- Masks required while waiting to start race and when social distancing is difficult
- Participants asked to wear masks in the start line chute and once crossing the finish line
- Staggered starts based on predicted finish time-look for the sign with your predicted time and line up there
- Gun time will be used for overall awards
- Chip time will be used for age group awards (your chip time begins when you cross the start line mat)
- Corrals will be set up with cones/barriers to keep participants separated
- Coastal 5K begins at 7:30am with fastest predicted finish time participants
- Half Marathon begins at 7:00am with elite start and then fastest predicted finish time participants
On Course for Half Marathon:
- Participants encouraged to carry their own hydration
- Small bottles of water, placed on tables for participants to grab available at approximate mile 3.5, 6, 10
- Water Stop tables will be spread out to provide plenty of room for participants to remain separate
- One pickle juice stop located around mile 6.5-participants will grab a cup off the table
- Medical station located at each water stop and the finish line
- On course cyclists monitoring participants
- Portos available at each water stop and staggered every couple of miles
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all water stops and portos
On Course for Coastal 5K:
- Participants encouraged to carry their own hydration
- No on course water stop available
- No on course portos
- On course cyclists monitoring participants
- Participants asked to wear masks once crossing finish line
- Medals will be handed to each participant-volunteers will wear gloves and masks
- Pre-packaged food bags for participants to grab once race is complete
- Bottled water and Gatorade placed on tables for participants to grab
- Live music at Plyler Park
- Beer Garden will be corralled in a large area to keep participants separated (Half-Marathon only)
- Live results available online
- Award winners will visit one of three tables to receive award at listed times
Due to the upfront nature of event costs, all entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable to other event locations. All participants acknowledge and accept this policy during the registration process. You may not give or sell your number to another individual – if you do, this will result in your disqualification as well as the runner who uses your race number. This policy stays in effect whether you are injured, have an unexpected business trip, family emergency, illness, pregnancy, etc.
TRANSFERS: Participants can transfer their registration to another person for a $20 transfer fee (paid by the original registrant). Registrations cannot be transferred to different locations. It is not possible to simply change the name on a registration. All transfers must be completed online via Active.com. Please visit Active.com’s website for more information about the transfer process. The Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon does not facilitate transfers on behalf of participants.
The new registrant will pay the current registration fee at the time of transfer. This means if the price has gone up since the original purchase, the new registrant must pay the higher price. The original registrant will get their base registration fee minus the $20 transfer fee refunded to them by Active.com once the new registrant has registered successfully. Please note, the original registrant will remain registered in our system until the new one registers. If the original registrant signed up using a deferral code, they will not receive any refund if they decide to transfer their registration.
Transfer deadline: The deadline to transfer a registration to another person is two weeks prior to the event date.
The races are RAIN OR SHINE! In the case of extreme weather, natural disasters, pandemics, etc. race officials will work diligently with local officials to determine if the race will be delayed, rescheduled or canceled. Participants will be notified via email and social media. We suggest following us on Facebook for all updates!
In the event of a cancellation, all participant entries will be treated as a virtual race and race swag, shirt, and medal will be shipped as soon as possible.
Due to the upfront nature of event costs, all entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable to other event locations. All participants acknowledge and accept this policy during the registration process.
Yes, deferrals are accepted for the half marathon up to two weeks before race week events begin.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a deferral form. You must complete the information and submit payment before your registration is considered deferred to the following year. The deferral fee is $20.00.
Unless VIP (Race Day) Packet Pickup is purchased ahead of time, Half Marathon/Coastal 5K/Doggie Dash participants must attend Packet Pickup during one of these times. There is NO RACE DAY PICKUP!
PACKET PICK-UP LOCATION
1519 Executive Avenue
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
PACKET PICK-UP HOURS
- Wednesday, October 14 from 5 PM- 7 PM (Locals pickup)
- Thursday, October 15 from 4 PM – 7 PM
- Friday, October 16 from 12 PM – 7 PM (last day to pickup Coastal 5K/Doggie Dash)
- Saturday, October 17 from 12 PM – 5 PM
***Your photo ID is required to pick up your race packet***
If you cannot pick up your race packet yourself at Packet Pickup, someone else can pick it up for you. In order for them to do so, they MUST have a copy of your photo ID. We suggest texting a picture of your driver’s license to whomever is picking up your packet.
Yes, you can have your race packet shipped to you the week before the race or delivered to the host hotel the Friday of race weekend.
Check your confirmation email and scroll down to the “View My Events” button. Click that button and you will see the button “Purchase Merchandise” and the choices to have your packet shipped to you, delivered to the Host Hotel or VIP Packet Pickup Race Day.
VIP Packet Pick-up is an optional paid service that will allow half marathon participants to pick up their race packets on race morning. This is helpful if you don’t live close by. If VIP Packet Pickup is not purchased, participants must visit the Packet Pick-Up Locations prior to race day to obtain their packet. VIP Packet Pickup must be purchased in advance prior to the close of online registration.
Already registered? VIP Packet Pick-Up can be added to existing half marathon registrations via myevents.active.com and clicking on Purchase Additional Merchandise.
Yes, there is a virtual option. Click the REGISTER NOW button for that option.
Virtual option includes:
- Race Medal
- Race Swag
- Race Bib
These items will be mailed to you within 3 weeks post race. You are not required to submit your virtual time but are encouraged to share your race pics and tag us via social media.
For the half-marathon, you must be at least 12 years of age and a parent or guardian must sign for all participants over 12 but under 18 on race day.
Final race instructions will be emailed to registered participants the Monday prior to race day. Please check your SPAM/JUNK filters! Bib numbers will be assigned to you when you check-in at Packet Pick-Up.
Our participant shirts are men’s and women’s cut tech t-shirts. Unlike cotton blend shirts, they will not shrink when washed.
Yes! You are more than welcome to walk in any of our events. However we do have a 3 hour 30 minute time limit our half marathon and 1 hour time limit for our Coastal 5K. Participants must maintain a minimum pace of 16 minutes per mile for the half marathon.
Half marathon and 5K participants receive participant shirts and finisher medals. Doggie Dash participants receive Doggie Dash bandanas and T-shirts.
The half marathon and 5K are timed events, the Doggie Dash is not.
For the half-marathon, you must be able to complete the 13.1-mile course in 3.5 hours by keeping an average pace of 16 minutes per mile.
For the 5K, you must be able to complete the 3.1 mile course in 1 hour.
Yes! As long as you can adhere to the 3:30 time limit for the Half Marathon. Strollers are welcome at any pace for the Coastal 5K and Doggie Dash!
Yes, however we ask that you run with one earbud and the volume at a low level so you can still hear any directions given to you along the course.
You are more than welcome to upgrade from the 5K to the half marathon or downgrade from the half marathon to the 5K as long as there is space available. Category changes can be made online via logging into your Active.com account. If you are upgrading, you will have to pay the difference in price; if you are downgrading, you will not receive a refund for the difference in price. The deadline to make any category changes is two weeks prior to race day.
Sorry! We are unable to apply discounts to existing registrations.
Groups of 10 or more can receive 10% off!
Please contact email@example.com to provide the group’s information and we will create a custom coupon code for your team members to register online with. Each group member will need to register online separately since there is a waiver that must be signed by each individual. Group discounts cannot be used in conjunction with other offers or applied to existing registrations. Refunds will not be given to members who may have already registered prior to the creation of the group discount code. We do not hold spots for group members, members will not be able to register after an event has sold out.
Please allow a minimum of two business days for group discount codes to be created. Codes cannot be used during the registration opening discount period. Group discounts are not valid for the Doggie Dash.
An elite athlete may receive one comp entry if he or she meets the standards listed below:
Time standards Half Marathon: 1:13:00 for males and 1:25:00 for females.
Runners must submit proof of time, including qualifying race web address at least 3 weeks prior to race date. Send proof of time to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**A limited number of elite entries are available on first come basis.