Being a spectator and a cheerleader for your favorite runner is a great way to be part of this event! You never know what you are going to see…maybe even a proposal! There’s plenty for residents and visitors to see and enjoy along the course and finish line. But just as the runners take time to prepare for this event, you can also prepare and plan ahead for a memorable experience:
- Review the MB Mini Marathon course map and the Coastal 5K course map. With 2,000+ runners it may be difficult, and at some times impossible, to cross the course during the race, even on foot. For your convenience driving around, please review our road closure map prior to race day.
- Know your runner’s expected pace per mile so you will know when he or she will be at the different locations on the course.
- Move around on bicycle or skates (minding all street closures) and surprise your runner at different locations on the route,
- Make sure you bring a beach chair or blanket, horns, signs and a great attitude to have fun and become a cheerleader.
- There is both street parking, as well as a very large municipal parking building on 9th Avenue North by the start/finish line area.
- Make sure to obey all no parking and parking meter signs. Many street parking spots are metered seven days a week so plan ahead and bring change.
- Both of our host hotels are within 1 mile of the half marathon start/finish line. Host Hotel Information